Competition Results July 19
JULY 19, 2012
It's finally here! The 2012 North Dakota State Fair is underway, living up to its theme of "Great. Big. Fun." With the grounds looking so good that it is hard to imagine they were washed out with the Mouse River Flood that cancelled the 2011 Fair, the Grandstand and All Seasons Arena are exploding with great concerts and events. Twelve awesome free stages add to the fun, along with cattle, horses, midway rides, terrific food, hundreds of vendors and lots of other attractions.
Attached is the first from hundreds of competitive events and exhibits with more to come daily. If you have further questions or suggestions, please contact our marketing department at 857-7620 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
FAIR PHOTOGRAPHY WINNERS
Best of Show Honors
• Linda Hager of HARVEY with a color print entitled “Gentle Breeze”
Best of Class Winners
• Gary Anderson of MINOT in black and white prints
• Anne Johnson of KENMARE in the junior division
Other Blue Ribbon Winners
• Jerica Schwanz of BERTHOLD
• Richard Debertin of BERTHOLD, four ribbons
• Baily Dahl of THOMPSON
• Marci Johnson of KENMARE
MINOT Blue Ribbon Winners
• Betty Nordstrom, six ribbons
• Stacy Walz
WRITING CONTEST WINNERS
Best of Show Honors:
• Ione Pherson of RUTLAND with an essay titled “A Mother’s Heart”.
Best of Class winners, general writing competition:
• Lee Murdock, GRAND FORKS, for “A Fright Night of Fishing” in the adult class
• Amanda Wagar of CASSELTON for “Lookin’ Back on the Story of Their Life,” in the 14-20 age category,
• Mia Fragoso, of KENMARE for the 13 and younger class for chapters from the novel, “The Gift Within”.
Heritage Writing Best of Class:
• Sharon L. Schwartz of BISMARCK entered “Land That I Love” in the adults division
• Katie Bahr of BISMARCK won the youth division with “MySisters and Mr.”
All Competition results are posted daily at www.ndstatefair.com